Belfast Comedy Festival Belly Laughs was set up by a group of comedy enthusiasts in 2011 with the aims of adding value to Belfast's cultural offering, providing a platform for local talent and, most of all, entertaining audiences with a variety of acts at a value accessible to all sections of the community.
The festival is registered under the Companies Act 2006, as a not for profit private limited company, limited by guarantee (company number N1614137). In addition, we are registered with HMRC as a charity for tax purposes in line with Schedule 6 of the Finance Act 2010 (reference number XT36961).
We have a board of 9 directors, chaired by Peter O'Neill who also acts as Chairman and Festival Director. Other members include:
Our mission is to provide a first class annual comedy festival in Belfast, with a variety and value that allows all sections of the community to benefit.
Our objectives are:
* To nurture home grown comic talent.
* To programme innovative and international comedy events which add value to Belfasts cultural offering.
* To promote Belfast as one of Europes most dynamic cities and must-visit destinations.
* To explore the boundaries of comedy in the city by examining the history and role of humour particularly in regards to peace building and challenging prejudice.
* To develop new audiences which will assist the further development and sustainability of venues and comedy clubs in the city.